Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Take Five and Meet Author Kate Hill



Today I'm happy to bring you Kate Hill and wait until you read which movie character she'd like to be.  I'm betting you won't guess.


Welcome to An Indie Adventure, Kate Hill.  Tell us, what inspired you to write your book  St. Augustine's Silhouettes?

Thank you for having me here. I wanted to write a historical that dealt with the paranormal and serial killers. I also wanted the main character to be someone the reader wouldn't trust right away--someone a bit mysterious.

What were your experiences as a child that contributed to you becoming a writer?

I simply enjoyed stories. Reading was my favorite hobby and I also enjoyed making up my own stories. When I reached my teens I knew I wanted to pursue a writing career, so at sixteen I started submitting stories to small press magazines. It took ten years before I finally got an acceptance.

Do day-to-day life experiences influence your stories?

Yes, because using day to day life is one of my favorite ways of getting to know my characters. Throughout the day I'll often imagine how my characters would react to different situations, no matter how mundane. It tells me a lot about them.

What is the first thing you do when you begin a new book?

I take lots of notes and I try to "live" with my characters by using the method described in the question above. I also like to have a loose outline written before I start working on the book.

If you were a TV, film or book character, apart from one you've created, who would you be?  And why?

Who would I be, or who would I want to be? :-) There are so many choices for who I'd want to be--Solomon Kane, Wolverine, Mr. Hyde. I guess at the moment who I'd want to be is Loki from the recent Marvel movies because of his charisma and powers. I'd like to think I could temper some of his destructive qualities and turn him into an antihero. As for what character I would be, the sad reality is Walter Mitty from the 1947 movie--just a daydreamer with no real power.

Give us a brief summary of St. Augustine's Silhouettes:
A killer runs loose in a small American town. When free-spirited Katherine allies herself with a man dubbed Satan by the townsfolk, has she found the man of her dreams or has she fallen into the hands of a murderer?

Buy Links:
ARe | Amazon | B&N | Smashwords

Bio:
Always a fan of romance and the paranormal, Kate Hill started writing over twenty years ago for pleasure. When she's not working on her books, Kate enjoys reading, working out and spending time with her family and pets. She enjoys hearing from readers. Visit Kate online at http://www.kate-hill.com.

Find Kate at:


2 comments: